Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Screencast Adventure Time


Hi Everyone,

I made a screencast with screencast-o-matic.  It was pretty painless, although I had to install some java extensions for my browser (mac).  Now that it's enabled though, I could see myself using this to share videos.

I see two great uses for this.  First, it would be great for flipped classroom instruction.  You could click through a prezi or powerpoint and have a whole lesson online for students at home.  For math and science concepts, this would be amazing.

This could also be great for professional development.  For instance, a video on how to log into staffnet, or share a calendar on Google.  They could be all on one Youtube channel and be very specific to Mounds View's needs.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Diigo--Emily and I were talking about it today, actually! It might be featured as a Web 2.0 activity in the near future. :) I like your idea of using screencasting for professional development. I'll have to pass that on to the tech dept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutting edge teaching tools and editorials!? NICE!
    Seriously, this is a cool resource. I went to a Conference earlier this summer, and Diigo was actually one of the tools that was presented. Your cool web 2.0 tool helps you find other cool tools. What a perfect system!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your screencast to introduce Diigo. I'm going to explore it!

    ReplyDelete