Monday, June 11, 2012

Introduction Time

Hi, this is my first post.
 
Quite honestly, I was motivated to write this blog because of the sweet video advertising it.  I also like technology and using it in the classroom.  There are always new tools, and this will give me a chance to hone in on a few I can try out next year.

I am hoping to learn about some new tools this summer.  It's near impossible to learn and implement new tech during the middle of the school year.

I am hoping to do less than I usually do this summer.  That's the whole point, right?  I am also going to my cabin for a week with no technology.  That might hurt.

Andrew

3 comments:

  1. A technology free week might be freeing! Although, I am sure you will have a full inbox when you return to civilization. That stuff all just waits for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the video convinced you to sign up. I was thinking of the STEAM class you & Liz will be teaching when we made it. I think a lot of these web 2.0 tools will work well with your students--you are technology guru already, but there are tons of new tools out there to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew, I love your personal statement. We all think you are already a rock star. I was thinking about how we can incorporate something like Edmondo where kids would write a post about their independent reading for that week, and that would then become the springboard to our conferencing conversation with them that week. Enjoy your week away!

      Delete