Sunday, August 26, 2012

Final Reflection Time

With the conclusion of Summer comes the conclusion of SummerCamp 2.0.  This project was great.  It really forced me to take a look at some tools I normally wouldn't have used.  Of all of them, the screencast seemed the most relevant.  It can be used for training (staff and students), flipped instruction, or for subs.  I envision a stockpile of flipped lessons across the district.  It would be great, though, to encourage teachers to collaborate and use each others' screencasts, so not everyone is re-creating the wheel in isolation.

I would love to see a PD model like this in MV.  A central location for MV teachers to use blogging as a vehicle to discuss tools/strategies that connect to the district vision.  For instance, PK-14, Equity, Personalized Learning, etc.  My favorite part would be interacting with other buildings.  Sometimes buildings tend to work in isolation.  This would help counteract that!


Have a great year!

Andrew

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love, the screencast. You're right, it's diversity allows you to use it in many different ways. And yes, I agree that we don't always have to re-invent the wheel; let's share! My room is sort of in isolation so this was a cool way to interact even over the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas about PD. I didn't even think of that in my reflection. I think I was the only high school teacher involved this summer and when I presented my blog to the staff, there was a ton of interest for it - the PD not my blog necessarily.

    ReplyDelete