Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Study Tools















This week, I tried out Quizlet and Tagxedo.  The quizlet I created for studying a few root words seemed to go pretty well.  The way you can have kids match the words is very engaging, and much more interesting than a simple flash card app.  It was easy to create, and I'd recommend it.

The Tagxedo, on the other hand, was cool in theory, but the interface drove me nuts.  I had to update, restart, and had to start my project over several times.  As you can see, I had to upload a JPEG instead to embedding it, since the browser will not let you copy the embed code.  With some improvements to the site, I think it could be cool.  A great way to increase background knowledge or awareness of key themes.


Andrew



2 comments:

  1. Your study tools turned out well--I like the options in Quizlet, but I'm also a little frustrated with Tagxedo. It's a cool idea though, so I hope it goes through some modifications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed on all counts. I used both of these apps as well. It would be neat if the two of these combined and you could have definitions pop up as you scroll over the tagxedo words? Or if there was a question at the bottom and you'd have to look through the tagxedo and find the corresponding word.

    ReplyDelete